>

Monday 12 March 2012

Six Sentence Sunday: Why Am I Here?


An extract from Deathhawk’s Betrayal:
Why am I even here?
As Astarl slid the pick into the lock of Aldenon’s door, she wanted to tell herself last night’s failed attempt had driven her here. She wanted to tell herself the wards on the treasury were too powerful to trick. She wanted to tell herself it was important she obtain that key.
What she admitted only in the dark, secret places of her soul was that the morning’s visit with the Order’s relay, his gentle charm and the remembered touch of Aldenon’s hands, had driven her here.
Is it that I want Aldenon to catch me?
You can find more Six Sentence Sunday writers here.


If you enjoyed this post, please feel free to check out my previous posts if you haven't already. If you're finding yourself here often, you might like to join as a member, sign up to the blog through RSS or email, or subscribe to my newsletter.

Don't forget to share the love and spread the word on Twitter, Facebook or StumbleUpon (or other social networking site of your choice) if you know other people who might also enjoy this.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting with us!


4 comments:

Amberr Meadows said...

Does she want to be caught? I wish I knew. Hope you've been doing okay. My job keeps me tied up a lot. Any other queries?

Dee said...

And I'm sucked in...need more now :) How's the conference going?  Hope all is going excellent and you return en force!

Ciara Ballintyne said...

 I don't think she knows what she wants, Amberr!

Ciara Ballintyne said...

 Sucked in, excellent, that's what we want to hear! Conference was busy busy busy!

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...